SOS 2015 theme: "Sustainable Development and Growing
the Blue Economy - the Next 50 Years"
- Ensuring the health, productivity and sustainable development of the ocean.
- Advancing responsible ocean economic activity.
The SOS 2015 provides a global platform for leadership companies and organizations to advance the development and implementation of industry-driven solutions to ocean sustainability challenges. With Singapore celebrating its 50th anniversary in 2015 and continuing to advance its significant role in the global maritime economy, the 2015 Sustainable Ocean Summit will bring together the diverse ocean business community to plan for the next 50 years of Blue Growth, a sustainable ocean economy and responsible ocean business opportunities.
The SOS 2015 location and theme recognize the following achievements and progress:
- The 50th anniversary of Singapore and its growth into a major maritime nation.
- The growth of the ocean economy and the diverse ocean business community over the past 50 years.
- The contribution of the ocean economy, and the goods and services that the ocean business community provides, to the food, energy, transport, communications and other needs of society.
- The role of the ocean business community over the next 50 years and beyond.
- The Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) being promulgated by the UN in 2015 to guide the international community for the next 15 years.
SOS 2015 will enable the global ocean business community to develop and advance its leadership and collaboration in "Corporate Ocean Responsibility" by addressing the key and emerging issues of ocean industry sustainability, science and stewardship.
In addition, the SOS provides networking and collaboration opportunities during extended breaks, social events and open panel discussions. SOS 2015's novel format in the heart of Singapore will address priority, cross-sectoral topics.
If you have a specific SOS question, please contact us at SOS2015@OceanCouncil.org
. Or, click HERE
to add your name to the SOS Interested Parties list. We will send you up to date information on SOS activities and planning notices.