Ocean Investing for Ocean Impact
The World Ocean Council (WOC) is set to launch its Global Blue Finance Summit as the first international finance event series focused on ocean sustainable development. BlueFIN is a cornerstone of WOC’s new partnership with the City and Port of Barcelona. Through this collaboration, we will develop the leading global hub for the Blue Economy in Barcelona.
BlueFIN 22 will bring together private and public finance leaders from across the spectrum of marine and coastal investment. The goal: to harness financial flows and create investment opportunities for positive ocean impact.
BlueFIN is designed for finance and investment professionals engaged or interested in the sustainable ocean economy. This includes: asset owners and managers, ocean funds and impact investors, institutional investors, family offices and philanthropic investors, corporate investors and venture capital, government funding agencies and multilateral organizations.
Below is a preview of session topics, with the full agenda to come soon.
BlueFIN 22 – Program Preview
– Blue Finance Executive Forum: The BlueFIN High-Level Panel across Finance Sectors
– Blue Finance Framework: Metrics, Indicators, Reporting for Ocean ESG and Impact Investing
– Institutional Investors and the Blue Economy: Ocean Opportunities for Pension Funds and Sovereign Wealth Funds
– Corporate Investment in Ocean Sustainable Development Solutions
– Blended Finance and the Blue Economy
– Philanthropic and Family Office Financing for Ocean Health and Sustainability
– BlueInvest: Results, Lessons Learned and Future Directions for European Blue Finance
– Sustainable Blue Economy Finance Principles
– Multilateral and Public Funding as Partners for Risk Mitigation/Guarantees
– Blue Economy Blockchain: Linking Around the World and Across Sectors for Ocean Sustainable Development
– Decarbonizing Maritime Vessels Across Sectors
– Global Blue Economy Innovation Initiatives Network: Accelerators, Incubators and Challenge Competitions for Ocean Sustainable Development
– Insurance Tools to Incentivize Resilience and Preserve Coastal Economies
WOC is working with leaders from industry, investment and innovation to develop high-quality sessions around these topics. To submit a proposal to co-organize or sponsor sessions for these or other relevant topics, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.