The World Ocean Council is working along with its community to advance ocean sustainable development, science and stewardship of the sea.WOC Industry & Trade Association Members are organizations eager to foster sustainable development of the ocean, and who engage in “Corporate Ocean Responsibility.”
Join the WOC as an Industry & Trade Association Member (Organization Membership)
WOC Members are organizations that are willing to make a contribution toward ocean sustainability, and who believe that the business community plays a central role in stewardship of the ocean.
As a WOC Member, you’ll be part of a cross-sectoral community bringing together leaders from various ocean industries, including shipping, oil and gas, fisheries, aquaculture, tourism, renewable energy (wind, wave, tidal), ports, dredging, cables, as well as the maritime legal, financial and insurance communities, and others, collaborating on responsible use of the seas. WOC Members benefit from the opportunity to meet and interact with representatives from ocean industries on common environmental issues. Increased and improved relationships among ocean business sectors enhance the potential for inter-industry collaboration.
Industry & Trade Association Members are invited to take part in all WOC programs and frameworks, to join working groups and become project leaders in the sustainable development of the ocean. More information about these opportunities can be found throughout our website.
Benefits of Organization Membership
The WOC works with its Members to monitor, analyze and report on policy developments affecting ocean industries, especially those which affect many stakeholders and those which are not sector-specific. WOC creates “early warnings” to alert Members to the need and opportunity for providing timely information or involvement.
The WOC believes that early informed engagement helps avoid unbalanced, ill-informed, unworkable policy decisions and helps achieve “win-win” ocean sustainability solutions, based on science and educated stakeholders.
Organization members enjoy:
The WOC monitors, analyzes and reports on policy developments affecting ocean industries, especially those which affect many stakeholders and those which are not sector-specific. WOC creates “early warnings” to alert Members to the need and opportunity for providing timely information or involvement.
Early informed engagement helps avoid unbalanced, ill-informed, unworkable policy decisions and helps achieve “win-win” ocean sustainability solutions, based on science and educated stakeholders. It also gives Corporate Members the opportunity for proactive, early mover actions to address environmental concerns.
- Access to the members-only WOC reports on ocean sustainability, policy, emerging issues, and other developments affecting the future of ocean business.
- Direct access to WOC expertise and advisory services on ocean issues, stakeholders and policy developments.
- Access to the members-only content of the WOC website.
- Member logo and link displayed on the WOC website.
- Automatic participation in WOC platforms and projects.
- Automatic participation in WOC forums and meetings, studies, and workshops.
- Receipt of WOC publications, documents and promotional materials.
- Opportunities to network with other WOC Members at national, regional and international levels.
- Business development opportunities for companies offering environmentally friendly goods and services relevant to ocean industries.
- Involvement in key international conferences: the WOC facilitates Member involvement in key national and international ocean policy and management fora and coordinates industry participation, as needed and appropriate.
- Reduced registration fee for the WOC “Sustainable Ocean Summit” and other WOC organized events.
How to Join as an Industry & Trade Association
We welcome ocean Industry & Trade Associations to become Members of the WOC by:
1. Agreeing to the “WOC Member Statement“
2. Submitting the “WOC Member Contribution Pledge“
3. Submitting their WOC Member Contribution.
WOC Membership Year
The WOC Membership runs 12 months.
For new Members, the membership commences in the month during which the written commitment to join is made.
Annual Member Contributions
Members pay an annual contribution. The table below indicates the annual membership contribution and fees for each category of WOC membership. For further information, you can contact the WOC using the inquiry form in the page footer. If you would like to join the WOC, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Membership Category||Annual Contribution (USD)|
|INDUSTRY & TRADE ASSOCIATIONS|
(annual budget less than USD 250,000)
(annual budget USD 250,000 to 1 million)
(annual budget greater than USD 1 million)