Date and location to be announced soon. Join the email list for updates on BlueFIN 22.
BlueFIN 22 is the annual Global Blue Finance Summit hosted by World Ocean Council. This invitation-only event builds on the success of the 2019 WOC Sustainable Ocean Summit (SOS). SOS 19, focused on the theme Investing in Ocean Futures: Finance and Innovation for the Blue Economy, was the most comprehensive global Blue Finance event organized to date. SOS 2019 was the culmination of longstanding WOC Ocean Investment Platform developments.
Following this conference, the WOC Ocean Investor Roundtable began meeting monthly in early 2020, with a steadily growing finance and investment network for ocean sustainable development.
BlueFIN 22 will convene this broad network to explore the sustainable ocean economy, including:
- Asset Owners and Managers
- Ocean Funds and Impact Investors
- Institutional Investors
- Family Offices and Philanthropic Investors
- Corporate Investors and Venture Capital
- Government Funding Agencies and Multi-lateral Funding Organizations
BlueFIN 22 will address a full range of ocean finance and sustainable development topics, such as:
- Blue Finance Opportunities: Ocean Economy Sector Trends and Forecasts
- Ocean ESG Framework: Standards, Metrics, Indicators, Monitoring and Reporting
- Institutional Investors and the Ocean: Pension Funds, Sovereign Wealth Funds and the Blue Economy
- Corporate Investing and Venture Capital for Ocean Sustainable Development
- Ocean Impact Investing and the Growing Ocean Funds Community
- Philanthropic Investment and the Blue Economy
- Family Office Financing for Ocean Health and Sustainability
- Multi-Lateral and Public Funding as Partners for Risk Mitigation/Guarantees
- The Role of Banks in Ocean Sustainable Development
- Blended Finance and Blue Finance
- Ocean/Maritime Insurance Community, Risk, and Sustainable Development
- Ocean/Maritime Legal Community Support for Advancing Blue Finance
- Blue Finance and Blockchain