Ocean-Climate-Biodiversity: Synergies and Solutions for Ocean Sustainability
The World Ocean Council (WOC) Sustainable Ocean Summit – SOS 2022 will benchmark the launch of WOC’s partnership with the City and Port of Barcelona to develop the leading global hub for the Blue Economy.
SOS 2022 (17-18 October, Barcelona) will deliver an engaging, solutions-oriented agenda focused on the connections between ocean, climate and biodiversity.
This unique annual summit of ocean industry leaders convenes in-depth panels on emerging trends and innovative solutions. SOS covers a wide range of issues affecting the future of the complex ocean, highlighting opportunities for private sector leadership, collaboration and action.
Below is a preview of session topics, with the full agenda to come soon.
SOS 2022 – Program Preview
– Ocean Executive Forum: Signature SOS Multi-Sector CEO Panel
– Ocean 2030: Industry Projections for the Ocean Economy
– 30×30: Ocean Industries, Biodiversity and Protecting 30% of the Planet by 2030
Mediterranean Focus | Global Issues and Opportunities
– Creating the ‘Blue Economy Leadership Alliance for the Mediterranean’ (BELA-MED)
– Recreational Boating: Setting Sail for Sustainability
– Developing Coastal Tourism Industry Leadership for Ocean Sustainability
– Cruise Industry: Progress in Economic Recovery and Environmental Responsibility
– Sustainable Ports and Shipping for the Blue Economy
– Focus on Ferries and Sustainable Seas
Ocean and Climate
– Blue Carbon/Ocean CO2 Removal: Responsible Carbon Sequestration Nearshore and at Sea
– Coastal Infrastructure Adaptation for Extreme Weather Events: Ocean Industry Collaboration to Advance Resiliency
– Expanding Offshore Renewable Energy in Crowded Seas
Ocean Data, Research and Technology
– The Digital Ocean, Big Ocean Data and the Ocean Cloud
– UN Decade of Ocean Science and SMART Ocean-SMART Industries: Advancing Ocean and Climate Data Collection from Ships and Platforms
– Seabed 2030: Accelerating Ocean Industry Leadership on Global Seafloor Mapping
– Port Reception Facilities: Solutions for Plastic and Marine Debris Disposal at a Global, Multi-Sectoral Scale
– Marine Sound: Cross-Sectoral, Science-Based Solutions to a Global Issue
– Ship Strikes and Marine Mammals: Practical Solutions for Ocean Industries
– Biofouling, Invasive Species and the GEF-UNDP-IMO GloFouling Partnerships Project: Clean Hulls, Smooth Sailing and Biosecure Seas
– The Role of Ocean Industries in Supporting Sustainable Seafood
– Blue Foods: Scaling up Responsible Fisheries and Sustainable Aquaculture
Legal Leadership for Ocean Sustainability
– Creating the Ocean Sustainability Legal Community to Support the Blue Economy
A more detailed agenda and speaker highlights will be available as the program develops.
WOC is working with leaders from industry, investment and innovation to develop high-quality sessions around these topics. Companies or organizations with proposals to co-organize, sponsor or otherwise collaborate on sessions for these or other relevant topics, please contact email@example.com.